CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blogworthy Potatoes by Melissa d' Arabian

If you have been watching "The Next Food Network Star" then you know who Melissa d' Arabian is. I was sooooo happy she was the winner, she's from Keller TX, has 4 young children, and no formal training in food. Her show, focuses on making meals for four for $10 and under! Perfect for me, I'm trying to get back into the swing of cooking again. So some new easy meals would be great! I believe her show will premiere this Sunday on the Food Network!

So anyways... here is the recipe.... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/5-minute-individual-potato-gratins-recipe/index.html

I made them tonight for dinner, and they were some of the best potatoes I've ever had let alone made. The only things I did differently are:

1. I used 1 XL potato, it filled 10 of the 12 muffin cups.
2. I used half swiss cheese and half american cheese
3. I used heavy cream, but if you don't have any you can substitue for a slice of butter on top.
4. Oh and make the last layer before the heavy cream the cheese, it gives it a nice brown crust.
5. One more thing, I only cooked mine for about 25 min. Once they start bubbling they are done!

They were super simple and a great quick and easy side dish.

Next I'm going to try her 4 step chicken. It looks really good/ easy and you can add or take out things you like/dislike. Here is the recipe for that if you wanna give it a try... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/flexible-4-step-chicken-for-family-and-company--rustic-lemon-onion-chicken-recipe/index.html

0 comments: